We are pleased to invite you and your colleagues to our “AI in Healthcare” networking event, dedicated to artificial intelligence in the healthcare domain. How should artificial intelligence (AI) applications be introduced in the healthcare domain? What are the challenges faced so far, and what has been overlooked? Our event addresses these important questions. Join us in Rome on the 16th of November, and we will discuss together the delicate aspects of AI implementation in healthcare.
The event will feature presentations from experts in the field of AI in healthcare, as well as opportunities for networking and discussion. Key topics to be covered include:
- The ethical and social implications of AI in healthcare.
- The need for explainable and transparent AI models.
- The role of human-in-the-loop AI systems.
- The future of AI in healthcare.
How’s the session organised?
The session will feature multiple short keynotes on AI challenges arising from different case studies, such as: using AI for diagnosis; liability aspects of AI usage (who is responsible and what happens when AI systems fail in critical contexts like healthcare); interpretability of AI.
A preliminary list of speakers and topics comprises:
- TBD: FAITH Project: AI for assessing risk of mental depression in cancer survivors.
- Daniele Baranzini, PhD: Optimization of cognitive assessment in Parkinsonisms b applying artificial intelligence to a comprehensive screening test.
- Paola Lanzi: Ethical and legal considerations of AI: what challenges in healthcare?
- Stefano Bonelli: COMPASS-NMD AI for diagnosis of Neuromuscular Diseases.
- Prof. Jane Walsh, University of Galway: The importance of Psychology in the development and adoption of health technology.
- Prof. Lucia Sacchi, University of Pavia: CAPABLE Project AI coaching system for cancer patients.
- Elena Martinelli: Big Data for Quality of Life – Living after Head and Neck Cancer: Monitor, Involve, Empower
Each speaker will highlight their experiences, sharing what was successful, what didn’t work, and what needs more attention in the future. Following the keynotes, there will be an opportunity for informal discussion and networking during a pleasant aperitivo.
Why might this be important for you?
We believe that the introduction of AI in healthcare should be done with a deep understanding of all aspects of the healthcare context. Rather than being technology-led, it should be driven by the needs of people, including patients, practitioners, and organizations. We must consider the potential benefits of AI, but also carefully weigh the risks, challenges, and side effects.
If you are passionate about AI and healthcare, whether you are a healthcare practitioner, a researcher, or both, this event will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Connect with scientists and companies facing the same challenges.
- Learn about the latest research on AI in healthcare.
- Gain new insights into the potential benefits, risks, and challenges of AI in healthcare.
- Network with other professionals in the field.
- Generate new ideas for projects and collaborations.
When and where is this happening?
The event will take place the 16th of November from 14.30 to 19.00 in Rome, at Villa Palestro, close to the Termini Station Area. To book your spot, fill in this registration form. We hope you will join us for this informative and engaging event.
The FAITH project is an European Research project aiming to identify and monitor the risk of depression in cancer survivors using artificial intelligence techniques that analyze clinical and lifestyle data. Read more about the project here.